Mt. Healthy 1817 - 2017
Mt. Pleasant (Mt. Healthy's original name) began as a stopping point along the Hamilton Turnpike, about halfway between Cincinnati and Hamilton, Ohio. It was a slow journey along the turnpike in those days, and Mt. Pleasant was a logical place for early businesses catering to travelers' needs: a livery stable for their horses, a blacksmith, a carriage shop to make repairs on carriages and wagons, and a tavern to revive the spirits of those making the trip.
In 1817 the little village was platted (the map at left is a later version).
By 1830 the town had 219 residents, and it continued to grow from there.